19.11.09



today i am enrolling in my last semester of college! not the very last, since i plan on grad school, but the last for a while. it feels great. and michael graduates this december, next month! i love graduations. my mom went back to school and finished her degree two years ago and we had a great big celebration. sometimes while sitting in class, i plan michael's graduation party in my head. upon his request, there will be a large tray of a variety of cheeses. maybe a traditional "congrats" sheet cake, but probably not. i'm thinking giada's mini chocolate-orange cheesecakes, or the lemon-rosemary olive oil cake i made a few weeks ago. or all of the above plus more. as you can see, my mind often wanders from matters concerning school : ) but i should say, i really enjoy most of my classes this semester: ballet, modern, aging & adult development, and art history. i could really do without my juvenile delinquency class and my online history course though. any who, what are you looking forward to these days?

recipes and photos here and here

2 comments:

summer said...

yum, erin! chocolate-orange cheesecakes?! mm. chocolate and orange sound oh so good together. and i love that you are already planning the party. how cool that michael is just days away from being done!

ps. i am looking forward to having a spot to put my toothbrush (have not organized the bathroom yet) and listening to christmas music.

leslie.conner said...

I vote for the cake you made at RC, but that is just because I know it was delicious! The chocolate orange cheesecakes might actually be good for a change, though. Have you ever made them before? I made a chocolate orange bundt cake tonight with a glaze and it is yummy!