yes and yes.
two of our favorite cheeses: fresh mozz and chevre. yes, please? plus potatoes, leeks, and bacon? count me in. michael and i have decided PW's potato-leek pizza is some of the best pizza we've ever devoured.
Pioneer Woman's Potato-Leek Pizza (adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks p.110)
pizza dough for 1 crust (Alicia's on bread and honey is very similar to PW's recipe)
6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-in. pieces
3 leeks, rinsed well to remove grit and thinly sliced
5 small red or yukon gold potatoes, sliced paper thin (i used 1 regular russet)
1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
freshly ground black pepper
1. preheat oven to 500.
2. prepare pizza crust and drizzle lightly w/olive oil. sprinkle lightly w/salt.
3. begin by placing the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. fry until cooked but not crisp.
4. remove bacon from pan and set aside.
5. pour off most of the grease. do not clean skillet. return skillet to stove and turn heat to med-low.
6. add leeks to pan and saute over med-low heat til' soft, about 3 min. remove from heat and set aside.
7. using a sharp knife or mandoline, slice potatoes very thin. you'll need to do this just before you need them. potatoes brown very quickly!
8. arrange the potatoes in a single layer all over crust, slightly overlapping the edges.
9. sprinkle potatoes lightly w/salt, then lay the mozz slices in a single layer on top of potatoes.
10. place leeks on top of cheese, lay on pretty thick.
11. sprinkle fried bacon pieces over top, followed by generous addition of goat cheese, grated parm, and sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.
12. bake for 8-11 min, until edges of crust are golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. cut into wedges or squares and serve immediately.