eat the rainbow
i am unconventional and cheap, but i value the classics. like mac & cheese. tonight i used wacky mac veggie spirals because they were on sale. i didn't have any breadcrumbs, so i searched my pantry and found some veggie chips from sprouts. crushed them up and added some more color on top! here's my very vague rainbow recipe:
1 bag cooked wacky mac veggie spirals
1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar
dry ground mustard
other cheeses of choice
dehydrated veggie chips (crushed) or bread crumbs
01. preheat oven to 400.
02. melt butter in small sauce pan, then whisk in about 1 T. flour, and s&p to your liking. sprinkle in the dry mustard til' it looks right.
03. add the whole milk and stir together. let the mixture warm up, stirring often. add 1 cup of the cheddar and stir til' melted.
04. stir together the cooked pasta and sauce in a large bowl. add the remaining cheddar and stir again.
05. place coated pasta in baking dish and top with more cheese of choice and veggie or bread crumbs.
06. bake at 400 til' golden brown.
07. remember, if all else fails...improvise.