20.5.10

i'm still here


it's been a while, but i'm getting adjusted to my post-college life and into my full-time work schedule. i am a teacher in the turtle classroom now, the two year olds. they are not so terrible like everyone says. they're actually quite cute and i'm pretty excited about my placement. all the kids move up in june so we'll get a new bunch. there have been some bumps along the way...i caught a bug from one of the little cuties and then passed it on to michael. we are fully recovered, thank the lord. it was a bad bug. i am so thankful to have nights and weekends off.

and i'm very thankful there is a local health food/gourmet store right around the corner from work, forward foods. i stopped there on my way home today to get a few treats for my hubby (who is still not 100%). a sarsaparilla soda from maine (he loves anything northeastern), a mustard and ale cheese (he loves cheese), some wheat berries and spelt for us to grind for bread, and some yummy chocolate bars. ginger for him, toffee for me.

lately we've been dodging tornadoes. actually, just getting flustered that weather updates are the only thing on tv anymore instead of our law & order finale! samson is chewin' away. our garden is flourishing! the tomatoes have really taken over. i'll post some progress pics soon. however, something ate our zucchini plant recently. wasn't samson...we put up a higher fence so he is out of luck ; )

hopefully i'll return before too long! i've missed my blog.

2 comments:

leslie.conner said...

I missed it too! I went to forward foods too... neat stuff! I just hope they don't get put out of business when Whole Foods opens...

Linda said...

I've missed it also....