eat the rainbow
adapted (a lot) from rachael ray
2 T. EVOO
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
1 jar tomato/pasta sauce of choice (i use newman's own organic tomato basil)
salt & pepper
2 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 eggplant, thinly sliced
4 red potatoes (or 2 yukon gold), thinly sliced
3-4 sprigs thyme leaves (or dried thyme)
1. preheat oven to 425.
2. heat olive oil in skillet on med-high. add onion and cook until tender and golden. (add in garlic just before onions are done.)
3. pour tomato sauce into a 9x13" baking dish and incorporate onion/garlic mixture.
4. place veggies over the sauce in an upright, alternating, spiral pattern. (if you end up with extra veggies, just stick them in where you can!)
5. sprinkle with thyme and S&P. drizzle with EVOO.
6. cover with parchment paper and bake for 45 minutes.
7. remove parchment paper, top with grated parmesan, and broil until golden brown.
feel great about what you're eating!