8.2.11

celebration

happy birthday, dear mom

we celebrate you because:

you get up while it is still dark, and provide food for your family;
you set about your work vigorously, your arms strong for your tasks;
you open your arms to the poor and extend your hands to the needy.
you are clothed with strength and dignity, and can laugh at the days to come;
you speak with wisdom, faithful instruction on your tongue.
you watch over the affairs of your household and do not eat the bread of idleness;
your children arise and call you blessed.
"many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the lord is to be praised.
(adapted from proverbs 31)

thank you for leading me with strength and gentleness. for showing me how to love the lord and lean on him. i pray i'll be a mom like you. i can't wait for my son to meet you. happy birthday, dear mom.

i love you,

erin

photo here

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ok, that made me cry. I am so blessed by my children. Thank you for your sweet words. Love you.

Rebecca T said...

made me cry too! that is so sweet! Erin you are going be a great mommy! (and I think your mom is a great mom too!)