7.2.11

the super bowl?

long story short: i have been pretty sick the past two weeks. virus, sinus infection, ear infection etc. my dear husband took me to the urgent care place more than once, and to the ER (in a snow storm). i'm much better now and recovering to get ready for this sweet baby who's comin' oh so soon! fortunately some of my sick days were snow days. oklahoma got hit hard if you haven't heard, and we're getting more tonight. woo hoo...maybe a snow day spent not sick : ) so since i was recovering sunday night, and my sweet husband is a saint, i decided to make him a super bowl meal. i was so proud of myself. really--i've never cooked for a sports event. while i will never understand football, nor many other sports for that matter, i love seeing my husband in pure bliss...celebrating the packer's win with a full tummy.

the menu:
little slider cheeseburgers (white castle style)
carrots (to make myself feel better about the nutritional value of the meal)
jalapeno popper dip w/blue corn chips (my mom's potluck specialty)

Jalapeno Popper Dip
via closet cooking
(makes 4 snacks sized servings)

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano
1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos (pickled)
2 jalapeno peppers (chopped, optional)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano

Directions:
1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
2. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano and sprinkle over the dip.
3. Bake in a 375F oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 10-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wish I'd been at your house...my super bowl meal wasn't near as good as yours!

leslie.conner said...

I need to try that dip... looks rather tasty!