8.4.11

perseverance & joy

this verse keeps coming to my mind as we're sleep deprived and learning how to meet the needs of our little boy. i'm reminding myself, and many others are encouraging me, that i was designed to be his mother and i'm more than capable to do it. i'll be memorizing this passage for my strength to get through tonight : )

consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. let perseverance finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. if any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask god, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. but when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind...blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. james 1: 2-6, 12

3 comments:

Rebecca T said...

those verses in James are some of my most encouraging! i love the them. You are the most beautiful mom I've ever seen!!!!

The Kelley Family said...

That is a wonderful verse! I think I'll be writing that one down and posting it somewhere in our room ... Its really encouraging and I'm sure as I transition into being a Mommy of two, I'll need it! :D

By the way, that is a breathtaking picture of you and sweet Amos! You are such a wonderful, BEAUTIFUL Mommy and Amos is very blessed to have you!

Ellie said...

This photo melts my heart!! I can't begin to tell you how encouraging your comment was, and how humbled I was by what you said. I have SO MUCH respect for you, so it meant a lot.

Hang in there, sweet Erin! I do believe these first few months can be the most trying.. but you are running to the best possible source for strength. I'm so thankful you have such a healthy outlook! Little Amos is so blessed to have such a strong, resilient woman for a mother. I have absolute confidence that God will use this experience to strengthen, mature, and mold you into more of His likeness. Haha I know I'm biased, but I truly believe parenting is one of (if not THE) most sanctifying experiences... and one of the most rewarding.

Also. All of your yummy recipies are SO tasty!! You've been an inspiration :).

Love!!