8.9.11

here we are

well, here we are in TX. honestly, i've been dreading this post. i don't know why. i know people appreciate openness and being real with one another. things have been really hard. so to catch up, long story short...michael lost his job in OKC, we pondered colorado for a little bit (that didn't work out), and now we're living with my family in the DFW area. michael's job search was stressful. we miss our friends and our church immensely. however, he is now employed in a job that he LOVES (as opposed to being unhappy in his position before).

he is working for a fine arts services company in dallas that stores, packages, and transports amazing works locally and around the country. he'll be gone 10-12 days a month taking these pieces to the major galleries and museums on each coast and those in between. he comes home every night with exciting stories. he's already transported a multimillion dollar piece by one of his favorites, gerhard richter.

we'll be looking for a place between here (fort worth) and dallas, to shorten michael's commute, but still be close to my family for the chunk of time he's away each month.

amos is as precious as ever. it's so fun to see him develop every day. he's so vocal and even roars at people. hilarious. this love is amazing. and there's no greater smell than a sweet baby. i want to keep it forever.

i'm moving past the grief of leaving our home in oklahoma and trying to move forward here. my mom gave me a beth moore study on the promise of security. this really struck me, "how will we ever change if everything around us stays the same? or what will ever cause us to move on to the next place He has for us if something doesn't happen to change the way we feel about where we are? god is thoroughly committed to finishing the masterpiece He started in us. and that process means one major thing: change."

now that this post is out of the way i can continue as usual, but with the goal to always be honest and real and embrace change, as hard as that may be. glad to be back!

6 comments:

sarah dayshort said...

michael's job sounds amazing! i'm kind of jealous!

leslie.conner said...

I'm very glad you're back... I've been missing your blog updates immensely! Glad Michael found a wonderful job, glad you and Amos are in mommy-son love, and glad you are closer to me than if you were in OK (ok, that one is kind of selfish...). And I know what you mean about trying to be real with people- this school thing is very hard for me... I've had some meltdowns where I thought I've made the totally wrong choice and I've screwed up our lives forever... but I haven't! Its just a BIG change and we do need to embrace it a little more than we have been. I really liked that quote from the beth moore study you posted. I think I needed that... change is ok and change is necessary... (sorry I wrote a book...)

Lena said...

I wish you the best of luck in TX!

Tracy Genheimer said...

Miss you Erin but am so so glad things are falling into place!!

Linda said...

Erin
I made "moves" ( 4 states in 5 yrs) that I thought there would be no way that good would come from them. I turned it over to the Lord to make the place I was in the best ever...He never failed to show me the way...Roy and I love you guys...

littlemama said...

You are missed, as well. I can only imagine the shock of all of this change, but i totally agree with you... God is in it. Fully. Amos is cuter than ever and I wish I could kiss his cheeks right about now! Jude reminds me of him. Love you girl!