27.11.11

30 days

22. for samson, (the chocolate lab that my brother "adopted" from us). we're so grateful he's still in the family and for john who takes such good care of him. amos LOVES samson, and vice versa.
23. for living close enough to lauren to hang out!
24. great food with my family and new friends. and nice weather to enjoy a feast out on the deck.
25. speaking of great food...i'm thankful that my mom is a great cook. we had the best gumbo the day-after with the leftover turkey.
26. traditions with my little family. putting up the christmas tree with our little boy for the first time and making memories...seeing his face when we plugged in the lights.
27. the season of advent. celebrating christ with my family and living close enough to worship with them.
28. for strength from the word of god to get through another week without michael.
29. my selfless mom. she works full-time, is working on her master's in school counseling, AND still finds time to rock my baby to sleep while i take a shower by myself. she is strong and loving, and i'm so blessed to have such an example.
30. for health. i couldn't have asked for a healthier baby boy. i often have to remind myself of this as i'm exhausted from chasing him around all day (as he breaks all the door stops off in the house and splashes in samson's water : ).

i'm thinking i should continue this thankfulness journal of sorts all year long. there is so much to be thankful for, especially for a god who brings you through the hardest seasons in life.

1 comment:

leslie.conner said...

I still journal every day but lately it seems a lot of my entries focus on the negative of the day :( I think I should change my approach and just make a list of the things I was thankful for on that particular day. Just reading your blog makes me happy!